Monday, October 12, 2009

The Rocker


Finished this piece on Friday 9th for 'The Long Note' Exhibition at the Cork School of Music from Monday 23rd November to Friday 18th December. This is an exhibition of textiles from the Cork Textiles Network. The School of Music is open from Mon-Fri 10am - 7pm and Sat 10am - 5pm.


This piece entitled 'The Rocker' includes laser printing, foiling, applique, free-machine embroidery & quilting on Irish linen and cotton. The inspiration came from my days growing up in Cork when my brother played his Thin Lizzy albums non-stop and I was hooked! Once I had the idea for this piece it came together very quickly as I sang my way through a few Lizzy songs. I discovered it's hard to sew and head-bang at the same time!


My trip to Cork at the weekend involved a drink with family and friends where a local band 'Amadans and Bodhrans' played some Lizzy and Rory Gallagher especially for us, ending the night on a perfect note!

No comments:

Post a Comment