Thursday, September 10, 2009

Learning to draw


I decided to take a drawing & painting course at Stiuideo na Coiribe Art School with Jim Kavanagh(http://www.jimkavanagh.com/). Jim's studio is a haven! A warm welcome with coffee and cake and soon I was absorbed completely by the project he introduced us to. I learned a huge amount in my first class and surprised myself with the drawing I managed to do. I'm trying not to jump ahead and worry about how I'll get on at the next step....painting. But if tonight's class is an indication, I reckon I'm going to enjoy this course of 5 classes a lot! This is a photo of a second drawing I did at home just to try and convince myself I could do it again. I can see areas where I need to work on it and I don't always know how to do that, but I'm trusting that Jim will point me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment