Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Creative Journalling


I've always loved diaries, but mine always bored me! When I became interested in creative textiles and first saw student sketchbooks I started to keep a notebook by my side almost all the time. A good friend introduced me to the idea of 'altered books' and we started a 'collaborative journal' together when I moved from Dublin to Galway. The notebook travelled by post back and forth allowing us to share ideas with eachother. I loved to see the postman coming with a fat envelope containing those notebooks bursting with new ideas from my pal in Dublin. Now I keep a visual journal going all the time and it provides me with ideas for my work in textiles. I've also given workshops to all age-groups on creative journalling and people love doing them.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for stopping by my blog Ester! I appreciate your kind words.. your visual journal looks wonderful too!
    ~Natalya

    ReplyDelete